Thursday 13 August 2015

Indian Mutiny/NWF Rock

Not a particularly very exciting entry at present as I've just completed a rock and thought that it ought to be documented! I know! LOL :>)

This is however significant in that I've been torturing myself a little over whether to present the Indian landscape and soil as rich in iron giving it a reddish appearance or whether to double up my NWF terrain with my Indian Mutiny terrain. I've decided upon the latter as this is going to save a lot of time and effort. It might not be 100% historically accurate for the Mutiny campaigns that I have in mind but it will the terrain pieces will certainly do the job that I'm looking for and I can happily settle for that.

The rock is made out of bark chippings and old Greystuff (that is off and not suitable for sculpting proper. The grey stuff fills all the gaps in the terrain and I sculpted it to match the barks rocky texture by wetting a piece of bark and pressing it into the Greystuff with persistence.

So, without much further ado, I present to you [drum roll......]; a rock!



Bye  for now

6 comments:

  1. And a lovely rock at that. I have been sniffing around the garden centres for bark to make a few rocks myself but no luck yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just the really cheap stuff that's almost chippings Pat. Cheap as chips if you know where to look ;>)

      Darrell.

      Delete
  2. A very nice rock it is too! I have a similar method, using weathered wood chip from our garden fixed to an old CD or OJ carton lid with hot glue which I then smear with liquid nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's pretty much it. I've got a lot of off Greystuff left over so I just used a couple of pieces of bark to impress into the grey stuff creating the same texture as the actual bark.

      Works a treat- until I run out of Greystuff- I guess that's where the old Milliput with come into it's own. :>)

      Delete